Sunday, February 20, 2011

Westminster and St James Walk

This walk was a really fun walk! It was a beautiful day, there was nice company, and it wasn't too lengthy. I, naturally, led this walk on the beautiful Thursday afternoon. I have been to Westminster countless times but I still saw a ton of cool places I hadn't seen before. We got off at Westminster and consequently saw Big Ben, Parliament, and Westminster Abbey. We had arrived in the political part of London. We then saw cool places like Horse Guards Parade (which we didn't know existed) and Buckingham Palace. Overall it was a lovely walk--another one of my favorites! We also rewarded ourselves with Ben's cookies, because we just saw Big Ben...yes, we planned to have a themed dessert.
Horse Guards Parade
Buckingham Palace

1 comment:

  1. Heather, this looks like a good group for your walk. I'm glad you had good weather and could see Buckingham Palace without the crowd.

    ReplyDelete