Tuesday, January 25, 2011

3 Walks In 1 Day.

3 walks in 1 day? I know, I've truly outdone myself. Needless to say it's been a LONG day. Let's start with the first walk shall we?

Bankside and Southwark Walk:
 Basically this walk was along The Thames River, ending with a stroll across The Tower Bridge. We (meaning Geoff, Lyse and I) started nice and early. I, once again, was the leader of this walk, and might I add I'm quite the leader. Anywho we got off the tube at St. Pauls (since blackfriars is closed) and walked over there to begin the walk. We passed some pretty cool landmarks; my favorite being the Globe, not the original since it burned down quite some time ago. We passed the harry potter bridge (aka the Millennium Bridge) and went passed the clink, and Borough markets. All in all it was a decent walk, but probably not my favorite of the day. A picture is worth a thousand words:
The group at the Southwark Cathedral

In front of The Tower Bridge

The Bankside and Southwark walk ended at Tower Hill station...right where The City East walk begins. That leads us into the next walk.

The City East Walk:
Geoff left before we (Lyse and I) headed on for our second walk. We took a quick pit stop at EAT. for lunch and went off. We shortly decided that the thing that makes walks pure bliss for us is A. when there are lots of alley ways (I really really love alley ways) and B. when it's just Lyse and I (lame I know but we just feel at ease and not rushed when it's just us two). So The City East walk was just perfect. I loved it, just as I loved the Bloomsbury walk. I loved the Trinity Gardens, Lloyds (it was big), all the alley ways (I just can't get enough of them), and Leadenhall market (SOO cute)! With out further ado:
Lyse and I in front of Trinity Square Gardens
Me at Leadenhall Market.
So after those two walks Lyse and I headed back, but she parted at South Kensington to go to the V&A while I continued to Notting Hill. While venturing home, I ran into Maddy, Laura, Sara and Julie. They convinced me to come on a walk with them...I thought 3 walks in 1 day? No thank you, but ya know I'm in London, and I should go do something, so after some convincing I headed back to the tube with them and we headed off....

Regent's Park Walk:
This walk basically went all through Regent's park and that is a HUGE park. The book says it's an hour and half, but please (maybe if you ran the walk it would take that long) it was way longer. Laura led this walk with perfection. I LOVED all the beautiful oasis' the park had to offer. Before we arrived at the park we strolled through chalk farm and it was absolutely charming. After that we went up Primrose road and had a beautiful view of the city. Then we passed the zoo, went over a bridge and through the beautiful gardens in the park. It was a nice stroll, but quite long. Possibly a little too long for my liking, but I'll definitely head back there another day to play in that park (cause it's a fun and beautiful park).
Me on Primrose Hill

Maddy and I in Regent's Park
Me at some water fountain in the park.

2 comments:

  1. Three walks in a single day? I think that qualifies you for some Boy Scouts merit badge, doesn't it? Good work, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud that you have given up napping for walking!

    ReplyDelete